We hope you are loving your new Studio Velle lash extensions! Please review the information below to keep your lashes looking beautiful.
How to Care for your Eyelash Extensions
Eyelash Extension Aftercare Information: The eyelash cycle is approximately four to twelve weeks. Do not be alarmed if some of your lashes fall out quickly (they most likely were at the end of their cycle). The majority of extensions will stay through a complete cycle if you follow these guidelines:
Do not use regular or waterproof mascara. Most brands of mascara contain chemical properties and oils that will break down the adhesive. Removing mascara from your lashes can cause the extensions to fall off prematurely as well. If you want to further enhance your lash extensions, we have a specially formulated eyelash extension mascara that is ideal for coating your extensions. Ask your lash stylist for more information.
It’s our desire to have each client pampered with the best experience from their service and be fully satisfied. Should you not love your new lashes for whatever reason, please contact us within 3 days of your service appointment and we will be more than happy to have a follow up appointment with you free of charge to resolve any issues and ensure you love your new lashes.
How to Care for your Eyelash Lift/Perm:
• Avoid rubbing the eyes
• Avoid heat treatments for 24 hours
• Avoid sunbathing for 24 hours, as this fades the tint
• Although I do make sure every trace of dye is removed, it is possible that residues may remain
• Do not apply make-up or receive any other eye treatments for at least 24 hours after treatment
Lash Lift and Perm FAQ’s:
Can I wear mascara after the Eyelash Lift or Perm?
Yes of course! I do not recommend water-proof mascara and the use of mascara remover, they tend to weaken the lift or perm.
What should I use for cleaning my face after the Eyelash Lift or Perm?
Use mild cleansers only. The daily use of (some not all) AHA’s products tend to weaken the perm.
How long will the curl last?
The eyelash lift or perm will last 4-8 weeks.
How often can I repeat the Eyelash Lift and Perming?
The eyelash curls will begin to drop gradually (one by one) after about two months. The entire lashes will take about another 2 months to return to their natural look. You can repeat the procedure after 2-3 months and not have to wait until the entire lashes return to their natural look.
Can I use my eyelash curler?
No! You don’t need it. Eyelash curlers break off the lashes, so I don’t recommend it.
Will I lose any of my lashes because of the Eyelash Lift/Perm?
No. However, it is perfectly normal to lose one or two eyelashes daily. It happens to all of us! New eyelashes will grow in place of old ones. Actually, using the eyelash curler daily will cause the eyelashes to fall.
Does the Eyelash Lift or Perm hurt?
Will I have skin irritation or reaction?
Very few people had some skin reactions, puffiness reaction or burning on their eyelids the next day. Cold compresses for few minutes will do the trick!
Can I wash my face after I get and Eyelash Lift or Perm?
Yes! Unless I inform you other wise.
Waxing & Sugaring Aftercare:
We tailor a waxing or sugaring treatment to suit your skin and hair type - most clients don’t experience reactions beyond redness and minor irritation.
Please follow these waxing and sugaring tips to minimize irritation and possible discomfort:
- Moisturise your skin daily after your waxing or sugaring treatment with a Tea Tree or Lavender and Witch-hazel cream as the follicles are open and prone to infection.
- Avoid sun/solarium exposure for 48 hrs before and after being waxed or sugared.
- Avoid saunas, steam rooms, spas and other heated sources for at least 48 hours.
- No hot baths, hot showers directly after a wax or sugaring.
- Avoid swimming in chlorinated pools or the beach for 24 hours after waxing or sugaring treatment.
- Avoid heavy exercise for at least 24 hours after waxing or sugaring.
- Avoid the use of exfoliating products for at least 72 hours after waxing or sugaring as they might irritate your skin.
- Loofah 2-3 times a week in the shower with tea-tree skin wash. The best time to start is 72-hours after your wax. After use, rinse thoroughly and remove all soap and leave to dry naturally in a well ventilated place.
- Avoid using natural loofah's as bacteria thrives in natural fibres.
- Avoid applying deodorant for the first 24 hours after waxing or sugaring treatment.
- Avoid applying make-up directly after facial wax or sugaring.
- Avoid tight clothing after waxing, especially in the waxed or sugared areas. Tight clothing may result in irritation and ingrown hairs.
- Don't shave between waxing or sugaring. This distorts the hair growth cycle.
- Don't pick at ingrown hairs, it may cause scarring, infection and look unappealing.
- Apply cold compress or anti-histamine cream to reduce redness, hiving or irritation.
It is recommended your waxing or sugaring treatments are scheduled between 4-6 weeks; however, this varies for everyone.
Cancellation and No Show Policy:
Studio Velle requires at least 24 hours advance notice to cancel or reschedule a reservation. A $25 fee is charged for cancellations done less than 24 hours before your appointment time, and a 50% of the booked service is charged for No-Shows without a 24 hour notice for each individual appointment. Cancellation Policy also applies to same day reservations. We will charge the fee to the credit card that is on file for your booking.